Friday, April 23, 2010

Blessed

most of the time my expectation for my daughter is really high, i don't know why but I expected her to be always understanding, obedient and expecting high results on her tests.

if she didn't get 100% score for every test she's worried to call me and everytime she would tell me i have good news and a bad news, which one you would want to tell you first?

she would always tell me ok, just tell u the good news and decide later if u want to hear the bad news. Well the good news was 1 pf the test was 100 score and the other is only 88%....hahaha...i was thinking is that bad???for me it was yes because the min. score must be 90 not because it was my requirement but it was the curriculum requirement.

lately, she always get 100% and was very happy, because the last time she got 80% i punished her with carrying lots of heavy books for 20mins. and she doesn't want to repeat it.

aside from meeting her goals the curriculum normally encourage to give merits to its student and demerits for those who are not obeying the rules. in this case, she don't have any demerits because she's always obedient and afraid to make mistakes...

merits, then get something in exchange for their accumulated scores. most of the time she would buy things like pencils, erasers, notebook, things that are offered in learning center. The last merit gift was one of the special ones that really touched my heart as a mother.

i went to a business trip and cameback last friday, while taking dinner with my husband and our pastor's family noticed that my hubby's hankie is not familiar to me. at first i thought it was not his and mixed up on our laundry, but, it wasn't. it was a gift from our lovely and thoughtful daughter whom choose to buy gifts from her merits points for her daddy and mommy.
I got a yellow ball point pen wrap in a paper.

She wasn't able to fetch me at the airport that day and only manage to see in the morning. she kissed and greet me good morning giving her gift and saying I missed you a lot mommy, and i bought this one for you.

I felt blessed and could not speak for a few second thinking of what I always wanted of force her to study hard. This is one of the result, not much of the material thing but the thought of remembering us through her hard work to achieve those targets instead of rewarding herself....

I thank God for HIS gift, we just pray that she would grow with a GOD fearing and loving heart....and most specially to know the way of salvation.....

No comments: